1. Firstly we perform Visual field analysis with the Medmont visual
2. Next we get an idea of your prescription with our electronic autorefractor, this is a computerised form of sight test and gets a pretty accurate measurement in seconds. All this before we enter the testing room. these results are sent electronically through to my room
3. Now we follow a normal sight test routine to assess the focusing and coordination of the eyes.
4. If you are over 40 I will now measure the pressure in your eyes with my new Pulsair air puff tonometer.
5. Finally I take an photo of the back of your eye to confirm everything is normal, this digital image of your retina is stored for future reference.
6. It's now time to sit down and discuss my findings and suggest the best course of action / most suitable spectacle correction if required.
Sight test fee's:
Private eye examination £27
NHS sight test free
Comprehensive eye examination £40
Comprehensive NHS test £15
Contact lens wearer £40
Contact lens check £25